Clock Tower, the symbol of Tabriz also known as Tabriz Municipality Palace, was built in 1934 and is located in the center of the city and on the left side of the Blue Mosque. After the 2nd world war, the building was used by the Azaerbaiijan Democrat Party as a government office. When Iranian troops regained control of Tabriz in 1947, the building was used again as the Tabriz municipal central office, and since then this function has not changed.